Friday, August 3, 2012

Lake Leelanau, MA

July 3, 2012  10:45PM
I was on my boat preparing to watch the fireworks display at 10:45 PM.  I am a 47 year old Navy Veteran and private pilot that observed an orangish object moving from left to right from my position along the 45th parallel, travelling north.  The object was below the clouds AGL and moved silently.  Th orangish-red  orb was followed by 14 objects that followed the exact same flight path as the previous one.

I observed two of the objects go black, but I could see their outlying and thought they looked like a quarter.  I have see  from both ships at sea, on vantages at land and from aircraft that I myself have piloted.  To strobes, navigation lights present.

1 comment:

  1. At least I'm not the only one...about a year ago a buddy and I were relaxing on the beach at night by the Chesapeake bay in va beach, va (we're both naval aviation mechanics). This was right around the time that seal team 6 captured Bin Laden. I noticed about 14 orangish lights following the same flight path...here's the other part, July 4th, during fireworks, I was on a date watching the extravaganza's and noticed another spectacle..another set of those orangish glowing "afterburner" type of aircraft..yet no strobes, no side marking lights, but all of them were maintaining the same heading and bearing.

    ReplyDelete